365.5
A bit of back ground info:
A few months back we found a new organic market.
It's AH-MAZING!
It fills me with joy.
And you all behave like the most amazing angels ever!
I have yet to have a melt down from any one of you there.
It's like a magic happy force field surrounds our family as we go about our weekly shop.
Anyway our second trip to the markets introduced us to Bob.
Bob is an artist.
In every sense of the word.
He's eccentric, unusual, animated and in total LOVE with what he does.
He works with resources found totally in nature.
So on our second market trip we found him working with clay.
He encourages you children to hold a piece in your hand and think.
You all look at it blankly.
None of you have touched clay before.
Quickly my hands go to work.
Clay always calls me to make bowls.
Yes I know totally imaginative!
So a bowl shape starts.
Then a nest.
Then I remember all those wicker baskets the ladies carry through the market.
And my bowl-nest becomes a bowl of fruit and veg.
You all copy.
Fast forward a few months.
Our baskets of fruit have dried stiff on the outside hot water tank.
I spotted them today and felt sorry for them.
You all buzzed with excitement as I produced the baskets, the fruit and three pots of food colouring.
You all worked silently.
Only talking to discuss what colour the apples should be.
Kindly waiting until the person using the green (Swan) had kindly finished.
Taking great care and pride in your work.
A work of art.
That has taken time.
Taken patience.
And finally, has taken imagination.
No comments:
Post a Comment