Monday, 7 January 2013

SIX!


365.8
Six! 6!
Really how are we at this age already?
Wasn't it last week that I woke hourly to you?
Hushing you to sleep in my arms.
Caressing that handsome face, that could fit in the palm of my hand.
Measuring your tiny feet against my pointer finger.
The endless burping sessions.
The quite moments just watching you sleep.
The joy of watching you grow has been an honour.
I can already see the man you will one day become.
How did it all happen so fast?

Toot you're my other rock.
I'd never known love like it before I had you.
The day you arrived I finally felt complete.
I've never felt more alive.

You're strong on the outside.
A rough and tumble.
Yet inside you are my most vulnerable.
You're fair.
You are fiercely loyal.
You have such a strong belief in right and wrong.
Your athletic.
Clumsy.
Quick to anger.
Compassionate.
Your so darn RIGHT!
Strong willed.
Honest.
Faithful.
Shy.
Awkward.
Nervous.
Easily embarrassed.
Sensitive.  I must remember this my love.
Restrained.
Astute.
Perceptive.
You summed it up today...  Your you!!
My only wish for you in this world is happiness.
Please stop taking everything so seriously.   Laugh more at the world, and yourself.
Don't be so hard on yourself.
Learn from mistakes but don't take them to heart.
Keep your passion.
Remember it's not all about winning, take time to smell the roses along the way.
Stay true to your convictions.
And always, always be loyal.

Toot I love you.
You are so profoundly beautiful.
Outside....and In.
x


6yr old Interview:

Do you have a nickname?
No. Do I??

What are you going to be when you grow up?
A Policeman.

Really?!  Wow why?
Making bad people not be bad.

What's your favourite toy?
Pooh Bear.

What makes you happy?
You being around me all the time.

What makes you sad?
Calling me idiot.

What do you like to do with Dad?
Play with him.   Playstation.  Playing Lego.  Jumping on the trampoline.

What do you like doing with Mum?
Helping you do jobs.  Taking us to the playground.

What is your favourite colour?
Blue, yellow, pink and green.  And that's it.

What's your favourite book?
Ohhh speaking of books we haven't done a reader today!  I don't really have one.

What does Dad do during the day?
Work.

What does Mum do during the day?
Cook.

What do you do during the day?
Play.

If you could go anywhere in the world where would it be?
Our house.  Cause it's close and we're in it.   mmmm Lego World. ((loudly confirms his choice) Lego, Lego.

What will the future be like?
I'm going to get a car and a house.

What's going to be great about being six?
I'm going to a new school.  I'm nearly taller than you and when I'm tall as you I"m going to be bigger than you.   Like when I'm 7 or 8.

What do you think makes you special?
Being Me!!  mmmm looking after people 'cause I always do it at school.  I'm good at soccer.  I"m pretty good at basketball, but not really good.   And dancing.

Anymore thoughts you'd like to add?
I hope I have a good birthday.  If its going to be terrible that's going to be bad.  Hopefully there will be no arguments and stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment