365.23
Today we visited two of my favourite people in the world.
I briefed you all on appropriate behaviour.
Toot - tone down the hyper excitement.
Magoo - please don't whinge and please keep your fingers OUT of your nose.
Swan .... hmm well just behave.
So we bombard my dear Grandparents.
And something miraculous happens.
You are all perfect.
Grandma beams with her littlest Great-Grandson.
Magoo you have made her day.
Snuggling in close.
This picture is worth a million words.
Nan is radiant.
Swan you sit so peacefully as you are adored.
Grandma and Grandpa stroke your arms.
And you are happy being doted on.
What a little Princess!
Grandpa supervises as you build your Lego gift.
What a great choice of present.
You boys are entranced.
A little cranky and overwhelmed you retreat outside.
Grandma has always had the most stunning garden.
And it is not lost on you.
You find her statues and busy yourself "washing" them down.
I should have named you Mary after your Grandma.
You really do love a garden.
Grandma takes you off for a walk.
For a moment I am concerned as I have no idea where you are.
But then I find you all, Toot striding out.
Grandma has taken you around the village for show and tell.
She is in her element showing you all off.
As we say our goodbyes I ask for the men of the family to stand for one more photo.
Magoo is being painful.
But Toot you surprise me.
You jump at the chance for a picture with Grandpa.
And together you stand proudly at their front door.
And I love you even more for this kind gesture to me.
(I know how you hate having your photo taken).
A beautiful visit.
One I will treasure for the rest of my life.
I'm so glad we got to have time just our family.
Alone with two of the most wonderful people in my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment