Wednesday, 5 September 2012

End to An Era



366.101
End to An Era

Wow where to begin.
Life has this wonderful way of delivering just what you need when you are least expecting it.
Nearly 6 years ago we moved house.
The day we did a girl I had only seen in our complex driveway mustered up her courage to come and visit.
She had waited a year and now she feared it was too late to make a friend.
For 1/2 an hour we gossiped and laughed as I packed up my belongs.
It was like we were the oldest of friends.
It was easy.
It was relaxed.
It was just the beginning.


5.5 years on children, travel and life and many more gossip sessions, endless laughter and quite tears - 
life is about to change.
We have raised our children side by side.
They are un-related cousins.
My sons best mate.
My Magoo's first (and only) love.
My Swans idol.
My best friend and soul mate.
We have been blessed a thousand times by this chance encounter.
I am so very grateful you walked into my front room!


Your last day together in our sunny suburban playground was so joyous.
The adventures you have had and the laughter that has filled our lives rings around the park.
You all play so beautifully and even play games you would usually refuse as it was "too girly/boyish".
And you all laugh.
And so do I.


This may be the end to this familiar era,
but a new one is dawning.
At first it seems so overwhelming.
And yet I am reminded that friendship transends time and place.
True friendship lasts forever.

Wow I am so so very happy you came into our lives.
We love you.
I miss you.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment