The Man in the Boy
From the day you were born you weren't a baby.
You had this look.
You were brand new.
The world amazed you.
You're responses to everything were so fresh, so astounded.
But yet when I looked at you I could see the man you will one day become.
I can see my 30yr old son when I look at you.
I can also see my 10yr old boy.
And my 16yr old know it all.
You're handsome.
Beautifully handsome.
Your eyes are what make you new.
They drink in the World and soak up all the knowledge there is.
You're eyes really are the window to your soul - and it's so perfectly new.
Your mouth is devine.
You have your Daddy's lips.
Often so serious.
Yet the corners turn up in a smile.
So even when you look horrid in your temper tantram I'm never too sure if your just going to burst out laughing at any minute or continue being a toe rag.
You have my nose (which I am so proud of - one tiny bit of me).
It's soooooooo adorable.
It used to cause you to burst out laughing as a 6mth old.
We'd play "boop" and press that button and you'd laugh your lovely belly laugh.
Mate you are so special.
My first born.
The first time I knew how much love really could hurt.
I think it hurts so much now too as I can see that grown man.
And I know this time is passing so quickly.
And I want soooo much for you.
And I want you to always be happy.
And always see the world with those beautiful fresh eyes.
I have no real direction with this post.
Just want you to know - I adore you, I cherish you and I think the world of you.
You will always be my little big man.
xx
No comments:
Post a Comment